Sunday, January 3, 2016

God cared about a mule.


Before I go, let me share just one story from my life. I am sure I have shared this with you before. But it fits into my thoughts these last couple of days. Seven years ago or so, we were in the mountains with your brothers and mine, hunting. We had a long day, hiked up and down the hills over and over. We had shot a bear and your brother had shot a small little buck. It was at the end of the day, and I had talked my brother into bringing the mules all the way down to the bottom of the mountain to load up the meat. We had a long walk back to camp and evening was quickly approaching. I grabbed the lead ropes for the mules and I started hiking back. It was a lot of uphill walking and I was soooo tired. But all of a sudden, I had a burst of energy like I had not had all day. I hiked fast. The mules were having a hard time keeping up with me. I found my new energy invigorating and went with it, not stopping to rest at all as I walked the miles back to camp, up a mountain then down a mountain. I could not see the other guys behind me at all, they were just trudging along. I made the last hike up the hill before I dropped down into camp and I was almost at a jog by the time I came into camp. As I came around the trees I could see down into camp and I could hear a gasping, an animal making it lasts attempts to breathe. I saw my mule, (the same bles-sed mule that we have today! oh that celestial angelic creature:) and it had gotten its lead rope wrapped around its neck and was on the ground taking one of its last breaths. I let go of my mules and ran down the hill, fumbling with my knife as I ran. I cut the rope, letting the pressure off of the mule's throat and windpipe and it immediately took a huge breath of air and laid there while it regained its energy before standing up. It was now safe and getting oxygen. I have often thought about that experience. The energy and speed that I had was not from me, but given to me in some unimaginable way from God. God cared about a mule. God cared that we could get our gear back to the truck the next day. That mule is still out in our pasture right now and our kids have ridden her numerous times. Isn't it interesting and amazing that God would care about a mule. The scriptures say that not even a sparrow cannot fall from the sky without God knowing it. That is amazing to think about. So if He cares that much about a bird or a mule, how much more does He care for Jane, His daughter. He loves you, I love you. Try to find that power to grow stronger through and from Him. He is the only one with the ability to heal you from your disorder. I want you here with me, I am praying with the children daily for you to receive a miracle of healing. Pray for it with us. And....... I LOVE MY GIRL!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment