Sunday, January 3, 2016

Please don't be sad at me for not bringing you home


Good evening my girl. Hope the rest of your day was grand and relaxing. We left you and hit the open road. I loved that we got to hang out today and not be rushed. Being in the motel room for lunch was good, it was real. I liked that. The kids have really missed you. I am good at giving them the necessities- food, clean clothes, and good night kisses. You are so much better and giving them the wants- encouragement, loves and a listening ear. We make a good team, I will be excited when we are together again. I got some great pics today of us, it will be a good memory for years to come. It broke my heart when you disappeared into the center and our second youngest came out of the bathroom and had the saddest look on her face and said, 'is mom gone? I did not get to hug her!' then our second oldest came out and said the exact same thing. So when you came out to go down the elevator, I was so happy, and so were they. They miss you so much, they are so resilient about it though. Don't let that fool you into thinking that you have become obsolete, your fear that you mentioned to me before. They talk about you non stop. Last night when baby girl said the prayer for dinner with my parents, she prayed that you would receive a miracle. My mom was so impressed by that. We have such great kids, I can't wait for us to be together as a family again.
I do not know what to write to you tonight. I am pretty tired and my mind is kind of worn out. The kids were really good on this trip, so it is not worn out from them. Just the hustle bustle and talking care of things gets me a bit tired. My mind does not rest anymore. So on the way home the kids watched the movie 'Courageous'. It was good to listen to it on the way home. I want to be a good dad to the kids. My hope is that they will grow up one day and remember the good things that I did for them, and not the times I worked late or the times I had to be on my computer all day. I realize that this role I am playing is short lived, one day they will grow up and I will no longer be the amazing dad that they perceive from a child like stand point. I want to be the dad that had fun with them, challenged them, supported them, and taught them. But most of all I want them to know that I love them. There is just not enough time it seems to fit that all in and to get everything done that I need to. I hope we can make some big changes in our lives in the coming months and years.When you get home, I want you to help me be a better dad, you see things that I should do that I can't see sometimes.
I though a lot about our conversations that we had this weekend while I was driving home. I want you here with me, I have said that over and over. I realize the good that you can receive by being down there. I also realize the difficult struggle that you are going through by having to spend all that time with women that are difficult to live with. We will see the value in it one day, may be long in the future. It is tough when you are right in the middle of a hard situation to see the end. But the ends always come, and the trials do end. Your trials will probably continue when you come home, but I hope we can give you the support that you need. I don't know what else I can tell you, I hope that the next month goes by really fast for you and you can make great strides in your mind and with your perception of your body. This is such a personal journey for you, when it comes down to it, there are only two people that can change the outcome. You and God. We are on the sidelines with hundreds of family and friends rooting for you, but in all reality, you make the outcome, God gives you what He knows is best. I pray for you daily, I am your biggest fan. Be patient, have faith, pray unceasingly for the healing that you need and desire. I love you. Please don't be sad at me for not bringing you home, I want to, but I want you to come home able to cope with the disorder on a healthy level. I love you so much.  Have a great week. And..... I LOVE MY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment