Monday, July 6, 2015

It taste like poo, baby girl said


Survived another day- booya! I was pretty happy to put the kids to bed. I am starting to understand the relief in 'Jane's psyche when the day is over, hopefully the angels in heaven put another check mark by my name :) I know Jane must have thousands for being a mom each and every day, it is hard work!!!!
The day started out as  normal, and finished as normal. I am getting in the stay at home groove, from my dance moves to my cleaning moves. If 'Jane' were here, I would dance around the house cleaning with nothing but an apron on.... haha. Future generations, that was a joke. Don't blush or get disgusted. I am a trim, muscular, hair on my head, not on my chest 36 year old, not the old guy you see sitting over in the rocking chair snoozing and drooling. That comes down the road a ways.
'Jane' sounded good tonight. I was so excited when the phone rang. She had a busy day, and she was tired. But it sounded like she is doing battle against this ED and making good stride. I had a morning of sitting in my office, working on the computer. My baby girl fell asleep in the gallery on the foot rest, it was so cute, I kick myself for not taking a picture. She slept for an hour or so. She is not feeling good, her throat hurts and she has had an ear ache.  I made her swish some hydrogen peroxide in her mouth and then spit it out. She said it tastes like poo. I asked her how she knew what poo tasted like, she said mom told her. So just so you know 'Jane', your taste experience includes poo. We left to run some errands and she started to feel better and perk up so I did not take her to the doctor, I probably should have cause she crashed when I got home.  We made the rounds to the banks, the tellers love baby girl and the bankers always have her come into her office and pick something out of their treat drawer and then give her a big hug. Baby girl was sad and missing her momma, I had a few minutes so we stopped in and saw 'Jane's' parents for 20 minutes. They were good, they have given me space and we have not spoken since last Tuesday night, so it was good to see them and report on 'Jane's' progress and my sanity. They loved on my baby girl and then we left and  made it home a few minutes after the kids got off the bus. They were all in the kitchen talking about their day with each other and having a snack. It was so cute, they are such good kids. They all did their chores and then I made hashed turnips, steamed vegetables and a T-bone steak that I got for plowing a guys driveway out last week. We had FHE shortly thereafter, and I thought it would be good to tell the kids the story of how me and 'Jane' started dating and fell in love. They were captivated and loved the story. Then I took them into our room and found a old VCR (What is that DVR thing dad?) and we watched one of the wedding videos that was made for us. We were so young. The kids were laughing at grandpas and uncles and cousins. Everyone had a lot more hair back then. It was fun to watch, 'Jane' was so beautiful on our wedding day, she was just glowing and looked amazing. I was not that bad myself :) 'Jane's' sister filmed the brothers and her dad singing and then 'Jane' sang me a song. It was awesome, she has such a sweet angelic voice. The kids all laughed at me because it got tears rolling down my cheeks. It was sweet, loved that day. One of 'Jane's' called me yesterday and we had a good talk. He is worried about her. He is happy that she is getting the help she needs and is amazed at how strong she is to be able to make this decision. Our friends down the road brought over a whole pan of warm home made rolls and home made raspberry jam. They are great, I love that family.
So the kids are now quiet and I get to record some of my thoughts and feelings. Today was an easier day, I was busy most of the day and we never had much time to slow down and think. I was driving to home today and the memories of our trip to Hawaii flooded my mind. It was our first big adventure away from the kids. We were so nervous, we only had the two little squirts back then. My mom was going to watch them and I think 'Jane's' parents took them for a few days also. 'Jane' was pregnant. We were so excited and nervouse to get away, but we had a blast. We ate at the food court, the aquarium restaurant, the sunset cruise and the Polynesian culture center. We walked on the beach at night with our feet in the water, drove across the island, got lost trying to find a flea market and watched 'Jane' flirt with the Tongan workers at the Polynesian center. I loved it. It was the first of many adventures that we have gone on since the kids got old enough to leave for  few days. I have always looked forward to our trips with such excitement. I had my girl all to myself for a few days, selfish I know. When we got married, we were so anxious to have kids. We never really got to know each other outside of the kid stage. I am not complaining, the little chilluns that we were blessed with came at the right time and I will never regret that. We just kind of skipped that beginning part of our life, while our friends were traveling the country selling alarm systems or pest control, or working their way through college, we kind of jumped up to the 30 or 40 year old way of life. I worked really hard when we first got married building houses, and 'Jane' worked really hard while she was pregnant with our first born at the bank. We were always  looking to the next house, or next project, the next loan paid off, the next child, the next business opportunity. I did not stop and realize the great gifts that I had already been given. An amazing young wife who would be willing to give up a career or life outside the home to raise our kids. An amazing wife who would choose to stay home and clean house every day, wipe bums, clean dishes, vacuum and support me while I was out trying to get us to a comfortable spot. That is not common in our day, a lot of women don't want to give that all up. It was never a question in 'Jane's' mind. She had her priorities straight with her children and I knew she cared for them more than anything else. She now tells me that she is going to get a job when baby girl is in school all day, a school lunch marm is what she tells me. Haha, I will go see that hot cafeteria school marm and eat her amazing delicassies every day. I love my girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment