Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Day two.... in the trenches with super girl



Day two, come and gone. I woke up this morning and I had slept all night. I was so tired from the last two days. It was emotionally exhausting. I had so many phone calls yesterday from friends and family. They all want to talk and offer help. I feel so blessed for the support that we have. I wish 'Jane' knew how many people loved and cared for her. I cried a good portion of the morning, not out of sorrow, but just our of love for my wife, friends, family and my Savior Jesus Christ. We are surrounded by so many good people. 'Jane's' friends, ..........and ..........., came by and brought a loaf of cinnamon bread which we had for our after school snack. They are great. They were so kind to keep their emotions in check, I knew they could cry very easily, but they did not, and I know if they did, so would I. We chatted, they offered to come clean and do laundry and watch kids. I asked them if I could do their laundry first which they flatly said no. That is how I feel too. Haha. I can do my own laundry. I am sure I will need help with the kids and I know I could call either of them and they would help in a moments notice. So they are not just 'Jane's' friends now, they are 'our' friends now.


I got up and made French toast for the kids, had scripture study and did hair. My hair skills are terrible. I have told numerous women at church that if I walk into church and my girl's hair is a mess, I would not be offended if they took them in the bathroom and fixed their hair real fast. After the kids got on the bus, I looked at my four year old daughter and told her I was so tired and going back to bed. She did not argue. She was excited to have her own side of the bed and she started snoring instantly, with me close behind. We slept for an hour and a half and finally woke up. I had to fart so I did, my little girl asked me why I did not tell her sorry for farting. haha. Love that girl. Her and i did a bit of computer work after that and got dressed. I talked her into wearing her Super Girl outfit because I love it so much. We got in my big truck and headed to town. We listened to silly kids songs the whole way which she loved. We stopped at the thrift store to drop some clothes off. She did not want to go because of the volcano??? I could not figure it our until we discussed it length and she thought the thrift store and Hawaii were the same place??? not sure how that one came together, they don't even sound the same. We stopped at the hotel, everything was well. My little girl ran down the halls in her super girl outfit. She had to use the bathroom and she sang the whole time she was in there about going potty, our guests raised their eyebrows at that one. We went to get the oil changed and then Sam's club. We were sitting there eating our hot dogs and cheerios (It took me all morning to figure out why she wanted cheerios, it was a churro she wanted!) drinking our soda when I saw my sister in law. She saw us and came over. She had the twins and they were both in their superman shirts. It was so cute, I got a picture of the three of them together. She offered to help in anything we needed, I have always liked her, she is such a sweet, great person. As we were walking out, a lady from our church was walking in. She saw us and threw her arms around me, eyes glistening. She also offered help in anyway and said she was praying for 'Jane'. We stopped at Walmart and then back to the hotel. Went to the bank and post office and then home.

 Got home just in time for the kids to get off the bus. They ran to the front door and it was so good to hug them and hold them for a minute. We had tator tots for snack and then a couple of the kids and I took the dogs for a walk out in the field and fed the horses. Dinner was leftover soup, baths were had, books were read and teeth were brushed. As we closed the day, we knelt around our prayer table and my six year old daughter said the prayer. Just before dinner, the kids were talking about mom, and my 11 year old son said, 'you made the right choice'. I told them that they should draw mom a picture of the Grinch (The Grinch says that right as he sits down in a little car and the people jump out right before he would have sat on them) and write that on the paper. We all laughed and thought that it was funny and they said they were going to do that for mom. So during our prayer, my little girl thanked Heavenly Father that mom made the right choice... the prayer erupted into laughs and giggles and we had to cut it short. What a blessed man I am. I love my kids, I love my wife. It was hard this morning, I got our of bed and I really missed having my wife here. I could feel a little depression come on and I knew I needed to go do something. Hanging out with my baby girl all day and being with my kids tonight was the best antidepressant. They make me happy. 'Jane' makes me happy. Love that girl. The highlight of my day and the kids day was when she called home. She sounded good, I think she sounds better than she actually is. But I can tell she is trying, and struggling, but trying the best she can. She will conquer this and be so much stronger in the future. Love my girl.....




No comments:

Post a Comment